Friday, August 16, 2013

Waiting.. but not for love.

Often times when i said or hear the word "WAITING" all i can think of is love...
Something like; Waiting for that special person to come / Waiting for that special person to like me  / Waiting for the right time to be with the person and the "waiting" goes on.. BASTA! T R U E L O V E W A I T S. 

But this time.. God is teaching me to wait--not for love-- but for an answer--not again for love--but for work.


I've been crying to God about my job for several weeks now because i really want a new job, not for anything else but because i know for a fact that this is not where i belong. I feel like there's no personal nor professional growth for me in this company. I cant feel the joy and peace of working and then earning. Whenever i come to the office, its more of a burden not a blessing. At first, i thought that things will change and ill learn to love my job.. but then as time goes on, things are just getting worse.


I passed my resume to other companies, but then none gave me any feedback. I began to feel disappointed. I felt so stupid, low and depressed. It feels like i wont be qualified to anything big and fear conquered me that i will just remain here. But then God assures me with His promises in Jeremiah 29:11 that His plans for me is to prosper me and not to harm me, plans to give me hope and a future. 



I take heart and grasped in that promise of God.. and I began to think positively. As time goes by, i started to realize that maybe God is telling me something; that maybe He's teaching me something here. Then God talked to me about being faithful with little things.. He talked to me using Luke 16:10 that states that "He that is faithful in that which is least is faithful also in much: and he that is unjust in the least is unjust also in much." then there, God made it clear. I prayed that may He change the workings of my heart, may I be sensitive enough to know His calling and may I really learn the things that He wants me to learn in here.. Soon enough, I realized one thing again, that God is using these circumstances for me to draw closer to Him.

Then as I just put my hope in Him and His promises, he then opened doors for me. 

Just last wednesday, after I did my devotion and pray my phone rang. It's from UPHSD, My Alma Mater and the HR is asking me if i'm free to have a job interview within the day or any other day. Stunned and Hopeful, I answered yes. After my conversation with the HR, I then texted Ms. Rowena Morta, the head of the Department of Communications of UPHSD about this because the position that im about to apply for was Masscomm Assistant and she didn't resplied. So yesterday (thursday) I went there. I prayed first and asked God's guidance for this. So i had my exam, then the interview. During the interview, i felt so confident specially when I knew that my interviewer is a brother in Christ. So the interview went so well, after that, the interviewer said "dadalhin na kita kay ms. weng" then i asked "weng? Ms. Rowena Morta?" and he said yes. 

When we arrived at the Comm Department, there's no kaba in me. I felt so good. Ms. Weng and I just talked for 5 mins; she just asked me if she'll get me now, what will happen to my current job and i just answered her that my boss was informed that im really looking for a new job.. Then as the conversation goes on, bigla niyang nabanggit yung opening sa marketing. She said, and it just amazed and excite me more 'If i wont get you, sa marketing ka. Di ko sinasabing tatanggapin kita ah, pero yun, kung di kita kukunin, ipupush kita sa marketing". So there, I was stunned because i have two job options! :)\




I thought God's surprise for me is done. When I went on SPS office and greeted Mr. Lavapie, the prefect of discipline of UPHSD, I didnt know that the one whom he was talking in to was Mr. Robert Tamayo. So I greeted them both, when all of a suddent Sir Lavapie said to Sir Robert 'She applied here' and no hesitation, Sir Robert looked at me and said "Magleleave yung assistant ko. Buntis kasi. I want you be my secretary". 

I felt so happy! THREE JOB OPTIONS IN ONE DAY.

Indeed, God's promises are true. If only we'll be faithful enough, if only we could trust Him fully on our lives, He can move mountains. See how God moved the mountain in me? He can do the same in your lives.

And now... God is teaching me new thing, to wait. Ive been waiting for this new job opportunity for three months now, and now God asked me again to wait, not for the job opportunity but for the answer. But without Ms. Weng's final say i truely can say that GOOD THINGS COME TO THOSE WHO WAIT. :)











No comments:

Post a Comment