Friday, September 13, 2013

Young Women on the Journey: Beauty for Ashes Experience

Once a dream but now a reality. 

I remembered myself being one of the avid and biggest fan of Young Women on the Journey book 1. Im one of those young women who has been encouraged alot by the book, one who has been just a follower and a simple reader.. I never thought  that this day could happen.

There was a time when I asked myself while reading the YWOJ 1 if how does it feel kaya being on their shoe? Knowing that lots of young women all over the nation can read, be encouraged and even  help change the lives through their stories. "Ano kayang feeling nun? Instant celebrity ang peg?" 

When i got the invitation to write for Young Women on the Journey book 2, I felt so excited yet fear conquered me. I doubt to myself if my story is really worth sharing for, I doubt if im worthy to be one of the writers knowing  my bad past but then God rebuked me and said "Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, the new creation has come: The old has gone, the new is here!" 2 Corinthians 5:17.

When I began to write, I doubt again whether or not I can make it to the deadline since during those times it was my last semester in college. Paper works, Exams, Thesis, School Activities and so on, lahat sabay-sabay. I dont know how to do it all at the same time. There was also these moments when im writing then I will just feel blank even though I have lots to say in my mind.. Parang I dont know how to put it into writing.

But then again, Hey! Young Women on the Journey: Beauty for Ashes has been launched yesterday
(September 13 2013 at SMX Convention Center), and yes, By God's grace I was able to pass two stories.

Yesterday, The Launch:


I wore this long dress that Mcoy gave me, the vintage Eiffel Tower and bangles that Eden gave me, and my favorite studded blue bag and flesh slipper from SM Accessories.

During the launch, I felt so blessed. Overwhelming ang feeling. It feels so good to be surrounded with people you shared with same faith and beliefs. Words cant express how happy and blessed I felt specially when the launch started; It feels like you're so close to God and you really can feel His presence.

Selected contributors were asked to share their story and unexpectedly, Im one of them and it is our editor who chose what story to tell and she wants "Forgiving the Dead". This is my story about my dad.... (if you want to know more, please buy Young Women on the Journey:Beauty for Ashes for onlu 150php. Email me for details. :p ) I was the last person to testify. When I started reading my story, I felt like crying. First paragraph pa lang, naiiyak na ko. Then as I continued reading, I can hear some audience and co-writers reacting like "awww.." "what?" and the like and as I finished and go back to my seat, I saw some co-writers crying din. And some even hugged me and said "heart whelming story. God is really good!" . Yes, God has been so great in my life!

As the launch finished, I got to experience the best! Pirma dito, Pirma duon! Ganun pala ang feeling ng celebrity. HAHAHAHA. But kidding aside, this experience is great. I remembered, there was this one young lady who came to me and asked for my sign then she shared "I have the same story as yours ate. Distant and cold kami ng dad ko until he died.. Ive been encouraged with your story to really forgive him and set the grudges free" and I just answered her, "We must forgive just the way God forgave us. The benefit is ours naman if we just forgive. Masarap ang feeling ng FREE!". Then she hugged me and smiled. I felt so blessed and encouraged as well to really to continue in writing, blessed that even though the experience with my dad is not that great at all, yet I can see how God worked from that painful experience here comes the greater glory.

Then one more great thing about yesterday is when Ate Michelle Joaquin, The editor of Young Women on the Journey book 1 hugged me and said "I cried the very first time i read your story. I really cant imagine but God is really good." and during the hug, i felt her sincerity and it moved me, and i also cried. I am just really amazed by how God used that dark past to bring glory to His name. I thank Him for that experience that even though it is really painful, yet as I look at it now, that testimony of mine is a great encouragement to other young women and prayerfully, for more young women all over the nation.

Here are some of the pictures:


While Im delivering my testimony..


\

With some of my co-writers (L-R: Ate Grace Ann, Hanah Alparas, Jessa Catle, Yours truly and Ate Jane Martinez) 


with some of my co-writers (L-R, Ate Grace Ann, Hanah Alparas, Jessa Catle and yours truly)


No hands yet can still write! BTW, This is Jessa Catle. :)


And this picture is from Ms. Rica Peralejo-Bonifacio, The Foreword Writer of our book.
Upper Picture is us, the writers with her and the lower-right is her with our editor, Faye Villanueva-Chellabian (the one in pink) with the CSM staff.


*Photos are from Church Strengthening Ministry




No comments:

Post a Comment