Monday, August 5, 2013

Conquered the Big C.

My lolo died with a colon cancer.
My aunt was a breast cancer survivor.
My lola was diagnosed with a cancer in the uterus.
And now.. My mom.

She's been in pain for the past few weeks.
She cant eat. She barely pooped. Her bowel movements were irregular.

Mom is not a hospital fan. She's afraid of blood, of syringe, and as a matter of fact just the word "hospital" can freak her out. So asking her to go and see a doctor is like asking a kid to go to the dentist.

I, our family and her friends did everything that we can to really push her to see a doctor. We prayed fervently that may her fear be drawn away and soon enough, She agreed.

We went to her OB-Gyn first to see if her MYOMA has something to do with this last tuesday. (She was diagnosed with MYOMA several years ago). Her OB-Gyn asked her to undergo trans v and cbc on that same day, and on that same day we got the results. Her OB was surprised to see that her MYOMA is a lot smaller and with that, my mom dont need to undergo any operation nor raspa but just a simple medication for fast menopausal. We felt relieved... Relieved that her MYOMA is getting smaller and smaller but at the same time anxious because it only means that her MYOMA has nothing to do with her pain and that the suspicions of the people around us as well as the initial diagnosis of some doctors is true-----that she has colon cancer.

Having a dad died with colon cancer and sisters and a mom who also have cancer, She is at high risk with cancer... genetically speaking.

After 2 days, Friday: she was admitted in the hospital, Saturday morning: her colonoscopy. While she's in the OR,  i was left at the room--waiting and praying for good result. All my emotions--fears and anxiety showered me. I began to cry and asking God for strength to carry this on. I kept on claiming that inspite the initial diagnosis and suspicions, no cancer cells will be seen for i know that in my heart, my God is a great healer and He is greater than this.

At 10:30, mom went up. She said she's feeling good and all. She asked me to buy her food.. (she's been NPO for 2 days) but i refused. I said ill wait for the doctor for the result of her colonoscopy. After several minutes, The doctor showed up. I asked him immediately for the results and he gladly answered me that he saw nothing in mom's colon just a simple hemmorhoids. Even before i asked the question, the doctor answered me and said "She's Cancer free".  His voice echoed in my mind, felt so relieved, there's nothing came out on my mouth and mind but "PRAISE GOD" and i began to sing "Our God is greater.. Our God is stronger.. God You are higher than any other. Our God is Healer Awesome in power, Our God. Our God!"

Indeed, Our God is greater than any cancer cell, Our God is higher than any disease. Indeed, He is our healer, He has an awesome power.. And He is GOD.

"And the Lord will take away from you all sickness..." 
Deuteronomy 7:15





2 comments:

  1. my mum was diagnosed with breast cancer about 4 years ago and i will never forget the day that she was finally told she was cancer-free. I hope all your family are healthy.
    xxx
    http://eleanorcos.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good stuff

    my web site :: Rich Goyer

    ReplyDelete