Monday, August 5, 2013

16 Years

Before anything else i would like to ask you to read John 11:25-26, Psalms 34:22.

A year in Pre-school, 6 years in elementary, 4 years in high school and 5 years in college, my 16 years in school is finally over.

I just graduated last April 5 2013 with a degree of Bachelors of Arts Major in Mass Communication and in my 16 years in school, I only grasped to God’s promises.

Since I started going to school, my mom together with her family are the ones sustaining me specially my educational needs. I remember there was a time when I thought I’ll stop going to school. It was during my 3rd year in college, second semester; no one pledged to support my schooling. It was also during that time when I personally asked my lolas and titas from my father side for help for the first time expecting that they would at any point help me yet I was surprised when they asked me to just stop going to school and just return next school semester when I have enough money for my tuition fee because they have nothing to give.


I was starting to lose hope, it was first week in school and im not yet enrolled. I can find no way for me to go to school when I remembered that i also have a powerful God who makes things possible--that even though for me it is impossible now to still be able to go to school, He can make impossible things possible.  I begun to pray and wait for His answer and soon enough my mom’s sister pledged and  gave me enough money to enroll and yes I got enrolled but my dilemma didn't stop there because the money that was given to me was only ¼ of my whole tuition fee for that semester and im afraid that I might not have the scholarship discount that I used to have since the school is having their “cost-cutting”.



Fear and worries conquered me; Im enrolled, but what about the next payments? What about my allowance? What about the projects? ...... My mind was filled with these questions and then again, God reminded me about his power.

The junior year ended by God's grace. We were able to pay all the bills. We survived. And now, my last year in school is coming. My senior year but now, fear and worries has no place in me since i know and God assures me that He is there, He will guide and sustain me. He's with me for the past 15 years in school, and now with my last year, he will still be with me. And, true enough, Mom was given a job and her earnings were more than enough to pay my tuition fee. So i got enrolled, and while im studying, ive been engaged in buy and sell and my earnings in this business is enough to sustain my allowance and school projects.

For 16 years I don't know and I really cant explain how I survived and how God sustained  and provided me with my tuition fees, baons, additional school payments, projects and so on. 

There were also those times when people where cursing and judging me that I wont be able to graduate on time or I will get pregnant yet by God’s grace, protection and love,  I graduated and I graduated without a kid on my stomach!

During my senior year, my last year in school, all I asked from God is to let me graduate but, again, part of God’s promise for me is to prosper me, so he prosper me for not just letting me simply graduate but he let me graduate giving honor and pride to my family by having a gold medallion for leadership where my mom and papa ric’s greatest desire of going up on a stage during graduation to put a medal has been achieved. And now, as I face a new chapter of my life, I wont be afraid for I know and God proved me for the past 16 years that He is with me. Truly, God’s promises are true and my God is true and living!


“For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, Plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.”  Jeremiah 29:11

2 comments: