Tuesday, September 14, 2010

True Beauty

I woke up this morning, done fixing my bed and doing my daily quiet time then went to the CR to brush my teeth and wash my face. After washing my face, I went back to my room and start combing my hair. I gazed myself into the mirror. "Ugh! ang laki ng pimple ko! ano ba yan!", then I saw my dark eye bags, then i saw my other pimples, then my dark complexion, then my flabs. I started to hate everything that i see; My pimples, dark eye bags, dark complexion, my flabs, EVERYTHING about me! "Ang pangit-pangit ko talaga!" I cried.



My dad and brothers used to tease me about my face, complexion; everything about my physical appearance.  "Ang itim mo talaga!" "Negra!" Panget!”. I wanted to use glutathione to whiten my skin, make-ups to cover up those pimples and eye bags; i want to undergo several treatments to beautify myself. I want all of this to be beautiful, to feel beautiful, and to be accepted in this world.



 As I continuously gazed myself into the mirror, crying, I suddenly heard a voice that whisper in my ear and reminds me that I am a Princess, I'm His Princess, I am God's Princess. Yes, I also thought that God was just trying to pacify me, but in my heart, i heard His rebuke, "But I am not a liar, I made you in my own image, in my own likeness. You are fearfully and wonderfully made." (Psalm 139: 13-14)


And because I am made in God’s own image, I know im really be
autiful because my maker is beautiful, God itself is beautiful. I know I’m really a princess, a daughter of a king. (1 John 1:12)
Physical appearance is nothing to Christ, what really matters to Him is our character, our heart. Just like what Proverbs 31:30 said, “Charm is deceitful, and beauty is vain, but a woman who fears the Lord, she shall be praised.”
Fear the Lord and let the real beauty shine within you!
“Your beauty should not come from outward adornment, such as braided hair and the wearing of gold jewelry and fine clothes. Instead, it should be that of your inner self, the unfading beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which is of great worth in God’s sight.” 
1 Peter 3:3-4

No comments:

Post a Comment